On Sunday, September 29, 2019, Matthew Williams preached the message, “Rejoice, Pray, Give Thanks, Repeat” as part of our current series, Living with the End in View from 1 Thessalonians 5:12-15. Click Here for projection from the message as well as a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. To listen to this message again, or to read through the sermon manuscript, click here.
- Matthew taught that God’s goal for the Christian life is to become less like ourselves and more like Jesus. How does becoming more like Jesus ultimately make us more human?
- What three attributes should characterize a Christian? Review the projection notes if needed. Define joy, prayer, and gratitude in your own words and with scripture.
- What is the difference between joy and happiness? Do you ever struggle with feeling “emotionally dishonest” when you practice joy?
- Practically speaking, what does persistent prayer look like? What things can you do to build this into your lifestyle? Think of your position as a parent, grandparent, student, employee, etc. What things should you do to help yourself remember to pray in such a fashion?
- After the message, did you ask someone close to do an assessment of how you are doing with enduring joy, persistent prayer, and abiding gratitude? Who did you speak to and what was their assessment? If you haven’t talked with anyone yet, who has God placed in your life that you can reach out to?