Here’s a brief review of our meeting on Sunday, plus a few questions for Community Group discussion this week.
We began the meeting by singing Come People of the Risen King.
Matthew led us in reciting the Nicene Creed.
We broke into small groups and spent time praying for the nation of North Korea. We focused specifically on praying for North Korean believers and leadership.
Following the prayer time, Josh Kruger preached the second sermon in our new series Son of God: The Gospel According to Mark. His sermon was titled Prepare the Way of the Lord from Mark 1:2-8.
Following the message, we sang Lord I Need You and shared communion together.
Chris Deloglos closed the meeting with a benediction.
Community Group Discussion Questions:
1. What are some ways in which John made a surprising person to be the one who proclaimed Jesus’ coming? Is his description likened to one that we might expect to be a great prophet?
2. Who are some people in our culture (or in your own personal life) that effectively proclaim the word of the Lord? What makes their methods effective?
3. Josh pointed out that there were many people who got so caught up in John and his message that they ended up missing the coming of the King. Is this something that you have observed in our world today? In what ways can we as believers fight to follow Jesus as opposed to His charismatic messengers?
4. There is no message more worthy than the proclamation of the Gospel. We have all been commissioned as messengers. Who are the people that God has called you to be a messenger to in this season of your life. Are you proclaiming the coming of the King to them?
5. In what ways can you all as a community group work together to more effectively proclaim the Gospel to our community?