In case you were unable to join us last weekend, we did something a little different from our typical meeting format. We spent the entire morning reading scripture, singing songs, praying, and sharing communion. God always reveals his presence in a powerful way when we gather as his people and last Sunday was no exception. Here’s a quick review of how we spent our time together.
I explained our goal of remembering and responding to the gospel in seven different ways:
- Adoration – declaring God’s greatness and glory
- Confession – acknowledging our need for a Savior
- Assurance – finding comfort in remembering that God has given us the Savior we desperately need
- Thanksgiving – rejoicing in the present hope we have in Jesus
- Petition & intercession – bringing our requests to God, trusting him as our Provider and Protector
- Communion – celebrating the fellowship we have with Christ and through him with one another
- Charge & blessing – allowing God to send us out on his mission with his power
I read Hebrews 12:18-29 to help us remember what it means to worship God
Jeremy & Miranda led us in singing Great Are You Lord
Pat gave a prayer of confession and we sang Rescue
Silvia read Isaiah 53
We sang Sovereign and gave our tithes and offerings to support the ministry of the gospel through our church
Chris led us in sharing communion
I read Jude 1:24-25 as a benediction.