On Sunday, October 18, 2020, the congregation took time to pray for governing officials and Matthew Williams preached the message, “Never Thirst Again” as part of our sermon series Life in the Son from John 4:1-14. To listen to this message again, click here.
Prayer Points for Governing Officials:
- Give thanks for there is no authority except that which God has established
- Wisdom for congress to establish laws that promote justice and protect the weak
- Courage for federal and supreme court judges to protect the rights established in our constitution
- Humility for the president and cabinet officials to enforce laws with fairness and integrity
- Unity, peace, and endurance for their spouses and children
- Candidates who do not win to find their worth and value in Jesus, not an election
- Do you relationally engage with people who aren’t like you?
- Are there ways you count yourself out of the kingdom of God because you feel unworthy?
- Do you struggle to believe that Jesus wants to satisfy your soul?
- In what areas of your life do you treat Jesus like a vending machine for your physical needs?
- Are you eager to ask Jesus for the life he alone provides?
- How does this passage make you know and love God more?