Last Sunday, November 26th, Matthew preached the first message, “Theology Matters” from 2 Thessalonians 2:1-17 as part of a new series titled The Five Solas. Below are a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. We apologize for the delay in this post due to some technical difficulties! To listen to the message again, check back on our Audio Resources page this weekend.
Check back here next Monday night for our regularly-timed Sunday Review post which will include discussion questions, an overview of the meeting, and all projected materials.
Talk About the Word
1. Read 2 Thessalonians 2:13-17. What is it that distinguishes the people of God from the rest of the world?
2. Why does believing the truth require believing the gospel? How does the gospel separate what is true from what is false?
3. Why does believing the truth require believing the Bible? Is the Word preached less important than the word written?
Talk About Life
1. What kinds of thoughts or feelings come to mind when you hear someone talk about “theology” or “sound doctrine”?
2. Are you holding fast to the gospel and if so, what does that look like?
3. How can you grow in holding fast to the Word of God?