Here’s a quick review of our meeting yesterday, plus a few discussion questions for community groups or personal study this week!
Keven Khoffie led us in a call to worship by reading Revelation 4:2-11.
Matthew gave us an update about last week’s shoebox packing party for Operation Christmas Child.
We took a brief hiatus from our current sermon series, Son of God: The Gospel According to Mark and Matthew preached a special Thanksgiving message titled “Growing in Gratitude” based upon Psalm 30.
After the message we sang Blessed Be Your Name and had an open mic time of corporate thanksgiving.
Josh Kruger led us in receiving communion and we sang How Great is Your Faithfulness.
Josh closed the meeting by inviting visitors to visit the Connect Desk and praying a benediction.
After the service, we shared our annual Thanksgiving Picnic.
1. In Psalm 30:1-3, David remembers how God has been his Defender, Healer, and Reviver. What do these characteristics of God look like and how have you experienced them in your own life?
2. Matthew said that through Jesus we are justly blessed. What does this mean? What does God’s justice have to do with His blessing?
3. Describe the wealth of God’s blessing.
4. What is the gracious source of God’s blessing?
5. What is the aim of God’s blessing?
6. What should our outward expression of gratitude and joy look like?