On Sunday, May 6, 2018. Matthew preached the message “The Folly of Human Pride” from Genesis 10:1-11:9 as part of our current series, re:creation. Below are a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page. For a PDF of the projection from the message, click here.
1. What was the intent of those who were building the tower in this passage? Why was this an affront to the LORD? How do you see the same intention playing out now in modern day?
2. Why does God refuse to tolerate human pride? What is the outcome for all those who exalt themselves against Him?
3. What is the relationship between self-esteem issues and pride? Why is diminishing the value of yourself as a creation made in God’s image, doubting the glory of God Himself? Do you need to repent of fixating on your own deficiencies?
4. Why does God call us to do things that are inherently unsafe or uncomfortable? Are there areas that He is calling you to be faithful in that seem to be very difficult?
5. After studying this message, what are the biggest teachings you are taking away? How will you tangibly apply those in your daily life?