On Sunday, May 5, 2019, guest pastor Mickey Connolly preached the message, “True Repentance” from Psalm 51. See below for a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. To listen to other messages from this series, visit our Audio Resources page.
- Mickey taught that true repentance knows the greatness of sin. With this in mind, how would you define shallow repentance? Have you ever struggled with this?
- Do you ever find yourself in a place where you take mercy for granted and are surprised to experience or witness God’s judgement? Why do you think that is?
- Despite all that he has done, where does David find the “downright audacity” to ask God for mercy? How do you see David going a step further beyond just asking for mercy and also asking for the power to change his ways?
- How can we be assured that God will hear our plea for a renewed heart?
- Is there any sin in your life that you hide or harbor? Do you have people like Nathan in your life who will bring this to your attention? If so, who are they? If not, what would hold you back from building that relationship with another?
- Is there anyone that God might be calling you to be a “Nathan” for? How can you grow in helping others walk toward true repentance?