On Sunday, May 31, 2020, Matthew Williams preached the message, “No Other Sort of Faith Can Save″ over live stream as part of our interim sermon series A Faith that Works. To listen to this message again, click here.
- As a believer, is it easy for you to con yourself into thinking that wholehearted obedience to Jesus is optional?
- Do you tell yourself that you can express your faith in any way you choose?
- Is it easy for you to excuse your lack of works (good deeds or actions) by comparing yourself to how other Christians act?
- How is your faith proving itself in a pattern of good works? How would those closest to you answer that question?
- Thinking back on this past week, what have your affections and actions declared about your faith?
- Matthew said that in the Bible justification can be declarative or demonstrative. Is this a new idea for you? How does the story of Abraham in Genesis 15 and 22 help you think through this statement?
- How does knowing that Christ alone sustains and nurtures you faith give you confidence to run to him?