On Sunday, May 17, 2020, Matthew Williams preached the message, “Obedience is the Test of Genuine Christianity″ over live stream as part of our interim sermon series A Faith that Works. To listen to this message again, click here.
- In what ways do you struggle with being “quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger”?
- Is it hard for you to not lash out in anger when wronged, but to receive that God is the one who will vindicate you?
- When was the last time you read God’s word or listened to a sermon and experienced conviction? How did you respond? Did you share that conviction with a friend of family member?
- How have you been fighting to grow as a Christian in the past few months?
- Do you read God’s word to be informed or transformed?
- God frees us FOR obedience and not FROM obedience. What is one area of your life where you see how God has freed you for obedience?
- James ends the passage with a call to care for the weak and helpless in society, and a reminder to remain unstained from the world. Are these areas you struggle with? If so, how do you need Jesus’ help to obey?