On Sunday, March 24, 2019, Josh preached the message, “The Sweet Providence of Famine” from Genesis 43 as part of our current series, re:creation. Click here for a PDF of projection from the message and read below a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page.
- Recount the events of this passage in your own words. What all happens? What are the motives behind Joseph’s actions?
- How does Joseph’s kindness reflect the kindness of Jesus and what correlation does that have to repentance?
- Josh taught that the suffering we experience, big or small, are often God’s “sweet providences” in our lives. What is your response to this? Is this something that you can identify with?
- Describe the change in character that you see in Judah. What brought about that change? What was the result?
- How could Joseph possibly have responded mercifully after all that he had been through? How have you experienced that same grace from Christ?