On Sunday, June 7, 2020, Matthew Williams preached the message, “Guard Your Tongue″ as part of our interim sermon series A Faith that Works. To listen to this message again, click here.
- It is sobering to think that our words are either advancing the kingdom of Jesus or the kingdom of Satan. In what areas of your life is God calling you to reexamine the words you say?
- Are you quick to excuse the sins of the tongue as just “idle words”?
- Matthew said that your tongue is a mirror to see where your heart stands. Looking in that mirror, what do you see?
- Are there specific times and places that are harder to guard your tongue than others? Why do you think that is the case?
- The good news of the gospel is that Jesus came to give us his power through the Spirit to guard our tongue. How does this truth encourage you?
- We can say “help” to God by saying “help” to other people. Who around you can you talk to about what is overflowing from your heart through your speech?