On Sunday, June 16, 2019, Quinton Cools preached the message, “His Majesty”. Click Here to access a PDF of projection from the message. See below for a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. To listen to other messages from this series, visit our Audio Resources page.
- Walk through each of the questions that Quinton posed during his message, putting the answers in your own words based upon Psalm 8 (refer to the attached PDF if needed). Who is God? Who are we? How should we respond?
- How does God relate to us? What does it mean to be “mindful” of someone?
- Quinton taught that God not only thinks of and cares for us, but this Psalm indicates that He has given us a job to do. What is this job? What does it mean to be an image-bearer in your specific season of life? What does an image-bearer of God look like as a working professional? A grandparent? A student? A spouse or parent? A neighbor? A steward of the earth?
- How does this Psalm show that, in Jesus, “death works backward”?
- In light of this message, do a self-assessment. What “static” are you experiencing internally and externally in your life in regard to your relationship with the LORD? How is quieting such static reorienting? What practical steps can we take to follow David’s example in doing this?