On Sunday, June 10, 2018, Matthew preached the message, “Salvation Belongs to the Lord” from Genesis 14 as part of our current series, re:creation. Below are a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page. For a PDF of the projection from the message, click here.
1. What was your initial reaction to the message on Sunday? Taking an objective view of yourself, what is your experience when it comes to recognizing God alone as the source of every blessing? Was that a new concept to you in any way?
2. Matthew taught that faith overflows in a lifestyle of mercy. How have you experienced mercy in the course of your life? Do you feel as though you are merciful to others?
3. Why is it easier to give to others when we recognize that we have been given so much? Who is the most generous person you know? Is their example, and the example of our Savior, something that is ever difficult for you to follow in? Why is this?
4. Taking finances as a specific example, how are God’s gifts reflected in the way that we spend and save money? Looking at your personal life of faith, would you say that financial matters are an area that you wholly trust the Lord in?
5. What does it mean to be “saved to the uttermost”?
6. Are there gifts that you desire (be it marriage, children, financial security, etc.) that you are waiting on? Are you willing to wait on God’s timing and His way in regard to receiving such blessings? How can your community group pray for you in this area?