On Sunday, July 29, 2018, Matthew preached the message, “Nothing is Too Hard for Him” from Genesis 18:1-15 as a part of our current series, re:creation. Below are a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page. For a PDF of projection from the message, please click here.
1. In this passage of scripture, how can we be confident that the the Lord (YAWEH Himself) was present? Did Abraham know this? How do his actions indicate such?
2. Why does God keep repeating His promise to Abraham about offspring? How does He lovingly know our unbelief, rebuke our unbelief, and nurture our faith? How do each of those steps play out in a tangible sense?
3. What did Jesus give us after He ascended into heaven? Why is the Holy Spirit the greatest gift we could have ever been granted? Is this gift easy for you to remember and delight in or a challenge?
4. How is hospitality valued in the kingdom of God? Is this an optional activity for the Christian? How is earthly hospitality an expression of the “with us”, incarnate, character of God?
5. What is the greatest gesture of hospitality that you have ever been shown? How can you incorporate more of this practice in your daily life? What are the biggest challenges to doing so?