Below is a brief review of our meeting on Sunday, followed by a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week.
Chris opened our time together with announcements and a Call to Worship from Psalm 150.
Meredith Lewanowicz read Daniel 9:1-19 and Matthew preached the next message in our current series, Dominion: The Book of Daniel, “A Plea for Mercy”. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page here.
After the message, Matthew led us in a prayer of confession and read Psalm 130. We sang Out of the Depths and Before the Throne of God Above. Chris led us in a prayer of supplication and closed the meeting with a benediction.
1. Matthew taught that the righteousness of God compels a plea for mercy. What gave Daniel the courage to cry out for mercy in this passage?
2. If biblical prayer constitutes of speaking to the God of the universe, what does it look like practically to pray?
3. What should we do if shame is a constant companion? Why should we confess our sins not only to God but also to His people?
4. If you choose to follow Jesus as your Savior, what happens to God’s holy anger and wrath? How has the gospel released us from the power of sin and death?
5. Are there any things in your life right now that you need to confess to the Lord? To others? What makes this difficult to do so?