Below is a brief review of our meeting on Sunday, followed by a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week.
Josh welcomed all to the meeting and shared announcements for the week.
Andrew Webb and Cindy Graunke were baptized by Matthew.
We sang Christ is Risen and Matthew shared about the upcoming International Missions Weekend.
Bob Shanks read Daniel 12 – the text for this week’s message, “Living in Light of the End”. This was the last message in our series Dominion: The Book of Daniel. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page.
We sang I Will Rise and Matthew welcomed new members to the church. We recited our church covenant and Josh prayed for the new members.
Matthew closed our meeting with a benediction.
1. How do we, as Christians, live in the present in light of the future? How is that played out in a day-to-day context?
2. What does it look like to turn others toward righteousness?
3. How do we embrace trust in the midst of sorrow? What do we do when our strength feels shattered? Is this something that you can identify with?
4. Matthew taught that leaning hard on the resurrection should make you busy in being holy. What does this look like?
5. What is the significance of the numbers at the end of Daniel 12? How can we actively choose to be patient in suffering in the face of God’s mystery?