On Sunday, February 18th, Matthew preached the message “Paradise Found” from Genesis 2:4-17 as the next message in our current series re:creation. Below are a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page. To access the projection from the message, click here.
1. What does God say “the good life” is? What does it mean to have a covenant relationship with God? Do you have any vision of the good life that collides with what scripture teaches?
2. Matthew taught that the destiny of the entire created world is tied up in the destiny of man. What does this mean?
3. What is the significance of the capitalization of “LORD” here in Genesis 2? Why does Moses refer to God here as Yahweh Elohim? What is he reminding the Israelites of by using God’s covenant name? What is God reminding you of as you read these words?
4. Why is the fact that God breathed His life into man particularly meaningful to the aged?
5. What made the Garden of Eden paradise? God’s presence sustained and filled the garden. How does He give your life this gift as well?
6. What is the ultimate goal, the “end-game” of this life? While we are waiting for the completion of this life to dwell with God forever, why do we not need to wait to receive the gift of His presence?