On Sunday, February 17, 2019, Matthew preached the message “The Prevailing Presence of God” from Genesis 39 as part of our current series, re:creation. Below are a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. Click here to access a PDF of the projection from the message. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page.
1. How should we respond if we are in a season where God is blessing us? (See 1 Corinthians 4:7.)
2. How should we respond if we are in a season where we are suffering for righteousness? How should we respond if we are just suffering but the reason is not yet clear?
3. The Lord was “with” Joseph (see verses 3, 21, 23). Discuss what this means that the Lord was “with” Joseph. Is the Lord “with” you? When has God promised to be with his people?
4. How does Joseph’s example (see Genesis 39:9,12) encourage you to resist sin?
5. How has this series in Genesis helped you view what God may be doing in your life.