Below is a brief review of our meeting yesterday followed by some discussion questions based off of the message. Use these for community group or personal study this week.
Matthew opened our time together with a prayer from The Valley of Vision, “The Lord’s Day”.
Quinton Cools gave a testimony about Frontline–KingsWay’s ministry for high school students.
After the testimony, Matthew prayed and then preached the message, “Don’t Get Comfortable With Jesus“, as part of our current series, Son of God: The Gospel According to Mark. The scripture for the message was Mark 6:1-6.
After the message we sang Jesus Son of God. Josh invited visitors to visit the Connect Desk and he closed with a benediction.
1. Matthew said that there is a familiarity with Jesus that leads to life and faith and another kind that leads to unbelief and death. How is simple familiarity with Jesus different than actually trusting Jesus? What do we do if we find ourselves heading down the road to unbelief?
2. Why did the people of Nazareth not believe Jesus was Who He said He was?
3. When was the last time that you truly stood in awe of the Son of God?
4. Matthew read Deuteronomy 6:5, saying that “trusting Jesus” is a moral responsibility in the world created and upheld by the Son of God–it isn’t just some spiritual thing that crazy Christians do. All must trust, worship and obey Jesus Christ. What does this statement mean? What implications does it have in all of our lives?
5. Through God’s help, what practical steps can you take to better see and savor Jesus?