Here’s a quick review of our meeting this morning including application questions for Community Groups to discuss this week.
Josh called us to worship by reading part of Isaiah 40
Matthew read Jeremiah 17:5-8
We gave an offering to support the ministry of the gospel in our church
Gene led us in praying for Christians in the Middle East and the Sovereign Grace church in Fredericksburg, VA
Matthew encouraged us to serve in the King’sKids ministry and prayed for all our current volunteers
We listened to God’s word in Genesis 1-3 as Matthew preached a sermon entitled, What is All This Stuff? This sermons was the start of a new 6-part series, “Jesus and Your Wallet,” exploring what God has to say about our money and possessions
Matthew encouraged single adults to attend the Sacred Search conference and prayed for our church-wide lunch
Sermon Application Questions
- If you received an unexpected raise next week, what would you be more excited about? Buying more or giving more?
- If you have kids, what would they say you care about more? How they treat your stuff or what they believe about God?
- If you’re married, what do you spend more time talking about with your spouse? The work God’s doing in your life and in the people around you or the next home improvement project?
- Are you eager or reluctant to share the possessions God has entrusted to you?
- Are any of your possessions consuming time that should be spent serving the church and loving other people?