On Sunday, August 18, 2019, Matthew preached the message, “The Peculiar Character of Brotherly Love” as part of our current series, Living with the End in View from 1 Thessalonians 4:9-12. Click here for a PDF of the projection from the meeting and See below for a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. To listen to other messages from this series, visit our Audio Resources page.
1. Matthew said that our separation from God is the root of our relational problems with one another. How do you see this in your own life?
2. When you look at Christians around you, do you first see brothers and sisters in Christ? Is it easier for you to classify them by their ethnicity, age, or gender?
3. Do you have eyes to see how God is progressively sanctifying those around you? Are you quick to tell them where you see God working?
4. Where are you tempted to affirm or cherish something that is not lovely? Is there something in your life that is undermining your love for Jesus?
5. How does God want you to give yourself to those around you to help each other be more like him?
Sermon audio for this Sunday Review can be found here
April 18, 2016
Sunday Review – April 17, 2016
Below is a brief review of our meeting on Sunday, followed by projection from the message and a few discussions for Community Group or…
February 11, 2019
Sunday Review: February 10, 2019
On Sunday, February 10, 2019, Matthew preached the message “God Never Leaves the Building” from Genesis 38 as part of our current series, re:creation. Below are…
August 8, 2016
Sunday Review | August 7, 2016
Below is a brief review from our meeting on Sunday, followed by discussion questions for Community Groups or personal study this week. Josh opened…