On Sunday, August 11, 2019, Matthew preached the message, “Pleasing God with Your Body” as part of our current series, Living with the End in View from 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8. Click here for a PDF of the projection from the meeting and See below for a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. To listen to other messages from this series, visit our Audio Resources page.
1. If pleasing God isn’t mysterious or futile, and the Bible is a guide for how to please God, does this affect or change the way you read your Bible?
2. Matthew said that right and wrong is neither a personal construct nor a social construct, but that Biblical morality is a divine construct. When you heard that, what were some of the specific struggles or situations that came to your mind.
3. Matthew said that there is nothing fuzzy about the line between what is sexually moral and immoral. Is it easy for you to convince yourself that this isn’t true? Is it hard to stand firm on this point when culture, family, and friends are saying the opposite?
4. Read John 10:3-4; Titus 2:14; and Ezekiel 36:26-27. Would you say that holiness is the goal of your life? Do you live as if holiness is a menu option?
5. 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8 ends with the encouraging news that God has given us the Holy Spirit. How does that truth help you this week as you fight to please God with you body?
Sermon audio for this Sunday Review can be found here