On Sunday, August 11, 2019, Matthew preached the message, “Pleasing God with Your Body” as part of our current series, Living with the End in View from 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8. Click here for a PDF of the projection from the meeting and See below for a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. To listen to other messages from this series, visit our Audio Resources page.
1. If pleasing God isn’t mysterious or futile, and the Bible is a guide for how to please God, does this affect or change the way you read your Bible?
2. Matthew said that right and wrong is neither a personal construct nor a social construct, but that Biblical morality is a divine construct. When you heard that, what were some of the specific struggles or situations that came to your mind.
3. Matthew said that there is nothing fuzzy about the line between what is sexually moral and immoral. Is it easy for you to convince yourself that this isn’t true? Is it hard to stand firm on this point when culture, family, and friends are saying the opposite?
4. Read John 10:3-4; Titus 2:14; and Ezekiel 36:26-27. Would you say that holiness is the goal of your life? Do you live as if holiness is a menu option?
5. 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8 ends with the encouraging news that God has given us the Holy Spirit. How does that truth help you this week as you fight to please God with you body?
Sermon audio for this Sunday Review can be found here
July 4, 2017
Sunday Review: July 2, 2017
Below is a brief review of our meeting on Sunday, followed by discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. Matthew opened…
August 29, 2016
Sunday Review | August 28, 2016
Below is a brief review of our meeting yesterday, followed by projection from the message and a few discussion questions for Community Group or…
February 11, 2018
Sunday Review: February 11, 2018
On Sunday, February 11th, Matthew preached the message “Jesus is Our Sabbath Rest” from Genesis 1:31 – 2:3 as the next message in our…