On Sunday, April 15, 2018. Matthew preached the message “Salvation from Judgement” from Genesis 6:9-8:19 as part of our current series, re:creation. Below are a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week. To listen to the message again, visit our Audio Resources page. For a PDF of the projection from the message, click here.
1. How would you define righteousness? What does it mean for sinful humans to obey God? How far should this obedience stretch?
2. How do you know when an individual’s faith is genuine? What is the difference between partial obedience to God and full obedience to His word? What would scripture have you do when you recognize that you are toying with sin in an area of your life?
3. In this passage, why did God save Noah from destruction?
4. How is this flood story unique from other mythical accounts of a global flood that you have heard of or studied? Specifically, what is the significance of God Himself closing the door to the ark once Noah and his family were inside?
5. What is the ultimate source of willingness to obey God? To whom should you turn when you falter with this calling? Consider the biggest areas of your life where this is difficult. How can your community specifically pray for you?