Below is a brief review of our meeting on Sunday, followed by projection from the message and a few discussion questions for Community Group or personal study this week.
Mathew opened our time together with a Call to Worship from Psalm 95:1-7.
Chris shared about the Sovereign Grace Ministries (SGM) first quarterly missions update. We viewed the video and collected a special offering for the SGM Mission Fund.
Matthew preached the next message in our current series, United: The Letter to the Ephesians. The message was titled “What is Gospel Ministry?” and was from Ephesians 3:1-7. To listen to the message again, visit our podcast page. The recordings should be posted sometime this week.
After the message, we shared communion and sang All Glory Be to Christ.
Josh closed our time together with a benediction.
Projection from the message:
What is Gospel ministry?
Gospel ministry is a stewardship that God gives, of a mystery that God reveals, through a strength that God provides.
“But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, event when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.” – Ephesians 2:4-7
“All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.” – Matthew 11:27
The message of the gospel is:
1) An inspired revelation
2) A verbal revelation
3) A progressive revelation
4) A self-authenticating revelation
5) A Christ-centered revelation
1. What does it mean to be a steward of the gospel? How does the primary calling of the Church contrast with the work of charitable Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)?
2. Matthew said that gospel ministry does not start with basic human needs. What does this mean? What is genuine gospel ministry founded in?
3. Paul’s writing about gospel ministry is relatively brief. What is the significance of this? Explain how the message of the gospel is a verbal revelation. In what ways might the Lord be calling you to grow in communicating the gospel with words? Is this difficult for you?
4. Consider and discuss each of the revelations that Matthew taught about (listed above). How do each of these play out in day to day life?