Last Sunday, Chris Deloglos gave an update on two of the missionaries we support as a church, Andy + Andrea Baker. Recently, Word Made Flesh (the organization they are a part of) completed a four month renovation of their facility. We are praising God as this increases their capacity to serve woman and children in the red light district of El Alto, Bolivia. They are grateful for our prayers and gifts as they press on in faith to serve the Lord. Below is the video of the renovation and additional information from Andrea.
Word Made Flesh Bolivia now has 24 full time staff and 4 part time staff. Additionally, 13 women work for SutiSana. The center also cares for 140 children in tutoring and school related help on a regular basis.
Third Quarter Recap:
- Conducted 24 visits to health centers and 17 visits to brothels to share with women the services available to them through Word Made Flesh.
- 41 new women visited WMFB for the first time as a result (the most ever in one quarter!)
- Served 113 individuals in our social support programs that include life skills development
- Hosted a spiritual retreat for 11 women and their families at a villa donated by a Christian family, where families could bond, receive family therapy, and experience life outside the city
- Educated 55 church leaders, 16 social workers and 36 governmental leaders in how to recognize the signs of trafficking and provide immediate assistance
- Informed nearly 35,000 people worldwide via social media regarding the realities of prostitution and international sex trafficking
In addition to praying for their continued work, please pray for resolution to the current political unrest they are experiencing post-presidential election.