In John 15:16, Jesus says something absolutely remarkable:
“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.”
If I were to break down Jesus’ logic into separate points, it would go something like this.
- If you’re a Christian, the ultimate credit for any “fruit” that we experience goes to God, not you.
- The grace that called you to follow Jesus is the grace that enables you to follow Jesus.
- Following Jesus means bearing enduring spiritual fruit.
- Prayer is the means by which followers of Jesus bear enduring, spiritual fruit.
- God has promised to answer our prayers.
This all means that there is one thing we need to do if 2016 is going to be a spiritually fruitful year at KingsWay. We have to pray. God is eager to bless us. All we have to do is ask.
That’s why we’ve set aside Saturday, January 16 for our annual Day of Prayer. From 7am – 7pm, we will meet in hour-long small groups to make specific requests known to God, and to ask the Lord to empower us to treasure Christ, pursue authentic community, and love our neighbors. Then from 7-8pm, we will gather as a large group to share how we experienced God as we prayed and to worship the Lord through song.
Prayer groups will meet in one hour increments throughout the day. Click here to login into your CCB account and sign up for as many prayer times as you are able. You can commit to times consecutively or at multiple times throughout the day.