Community Groups are an essential part of the DNA of Kingsway.
Don’t get me wrong. We love Sunday mornings. We love gathering as an entire church family to remember and respond to the gospel. But Jesus isn’t looking for attendees. He’s looking for followers. He’s looking for men and women who are willing to respond to the gospel by loving God and loving people in the context of real life.
You can’t get that done in the span of the 90 minutes service once a week. That’s why we meet in smaller Community Groups (CG) in private homes and public spaces. These groups of 8-10 adults create a conte
xt where Christians of all ages and backgrounds can do three things together:
- Treasure Christ
- Pursue authentic community
- Love their neighbors
Each CG is supported by a man who serves as the CG Leader. Starting in July, we’re kicking off a 5 month CG Leader Training Class. The class will meet roughly twice a month between now and the end of the year and will equip future CG Leaders in three areas:
- CONVICTION – a clear understanding of the source, goal, and practice of biblical community
- CHARACTER – how to faithfully practice biblical community in your personal life
- COMPETENCY – how to foster biblical community for other through the example of your life, the events you organize, and the people you disciple
If you interested in leading a CG at some point in the future, please contact Matthew Williams by Friday, July 4 for more information on the training class. And for all of you men out there who read this and think, “I could never be a CG Leader,” consider this:
We are NOT looking for men who…
- Possess the character qualifications and spiritual maturity necessary for eldership
- Have memorized the entire Bible in Greek
- Have finely tuned leadership skills and administrate large meetings with ease
We ARE looking for men who…
- Have natural instincts for gathering people. When they speak, people listen.
- Are already demonstrating faithfulness in hospitality and evangelism
- Are accessible, approachable, and teachable